As pretty as they are, you wont want a parade of THESE balloons showing up on the horizon. Drops powerful bombs and when shot down, crashes dealing area damage.
|Hit Speed||Speed||Deploy Time||Range||Target||Cost||Count||Rarity||Type|
|3 sec||Medium||1 sec||Melee||Buildings||5||x1||Epic||Troop|
- This card is unlockable from the Bone Pit (Arena 2).
- A powerful troop that, as in Clash of Clans, targets Buildings, such as Crown Towers. It deals a high amount of damage with its explosives, and when it is destroyed, the Balloon releases a large bomb from underneath, that deals damage in an AoE (Area of Effect) to Buildings or troops in the explosion radius.
- The Balloons death damage, regardless of level, is half of its DPS and 1/6 of its damage per hit.
How to counter Balloon
As a beefy flying unit that deals massive damage to buildings, the Balloon can be tricky to deal with. There are two ways to dealing with Balloons luring and killing. To lure, use any structure in front of your tower, to get the slow Balloon to waste time going out of its way to kill it. While it is flying, drop down your ranged troops and hope you have enough time to take it out before it one-shots your structure and then attacks your tower. I prefer to straight up kill the Balloon, which requires having a high damage troop that can hit air (basically Musketeer or Minion Horde). Your opponent will most likely drop the Balloon as close to the river as possible on the edge of the arena. You should drop your Minion Horde/Musketeer close to the river as well, never behind the tower if you’re in arena 5 or up. The reason is many Balloon decks also run Freeze and if your Minion Horde or Musketeer get frozen, then your tower is dead. If done correctly, the Balloon should pop before it reaches your tower. Be careful of a preemptive Arrows on your opponent’s second Balloon attempt if you use Minion Horde to counter the Balloon the first time.
- The Balloon is most effectively used for destroying Towers, because of its high damage, coupled with the Freeze spell.
- When an opposing Balloon spawns, destroy it as fast as you can. Its high damage can be punishing when it reaches your Buildings.
- Minions are very effective at taking out Balloons, as their fast movement speed allows them to reach the Balloon quicker and deal more damage.
- Balloons can be distracted by deploying Buildings, e.g the Inferno Tower (which can destroy the Balloon) and the Barbarian Hut.
- Like the Giant Skeleton, it can also be used as bait for enemy ranged troops that can target the Balloon, as when it is destroyed, it drops a bomb that deals Area Damage.
|Level||Hitpoints||Damage||Damage per second||Death Damage|