Bolts of lightning hit up to 3 enemy troops or buildings with the most hitpoints in the target area. Reduced damage to Crown Towers.
- This card is unlockable from the Goblin Stadium (Arena 1).
- When cast, the Lightning emits a similar animation to its counterpart, found in Clash of Clans, and targets 3 troops/Buildings with the highest hitpoints, within its AoE (Area of Effect).
- The Lightning Spell is the first spell unlocked in Clash of Clans, however the Lightning is not the first spell you unlock in Clash Royale.
- Unlike Clash of Clans, the Lightning can only hit three Buildings or troops, whereas in Clash, it can hit any troops or buildings in its damage radius.
- The Zap serves as a weaker alternative to the Lightning, with 1/3 of the spells Elixir cost, and approximately 1/3 of the Lightnings damage. However, the Lightning spell is limited, as it targets up to 3 troops/Buildings with the highest hitpoints in its radius, while the Zap deals damage in a determined AoE (Area of Effect).
How to counter Lightning
This card is THE anti building card, great against Hut decks, Xbow decks, and Defense/Rocket decks. Also good against slow pushes that rely on getting a somewhat squishy damage dealer such as a Wizard or Musketeer behind a big tank, as it can kill the troops and damage the tower at the same time. The downside is that the card is very expensive at 6 elixir and players usually wait for maximum value before they use it. If you’re running a slow push, try putting out your tank troop before your damage troops to discourage them from using it when your troop goes around your tower.
- This spell can be used to finish off towers or damage high hitpoints troops such as Giants.
- The Lightning targets the 3 troops/Buildings within its damage radius, with the highest hitpoints, as stated in the spells description. This means it is useful for weakening troops like Giants so that they are easier to kill.
- This spell is extremely effective against Barbarians, Wizards, and Witches next to enemy Crown Towers, as the spell targets 3 troops/Buildings with the highest amount of hitpoints in its radius.
|Level||Damage||Crown Tower Damage|